Shukra Kavacham



Shukra Kavacham is in Sanskrit. It is from Brahmananda Purana.
Bharadwaja is the rushi, Anushtup is chanda, Shukra is Devata, and it is recited for Shukra devata.
1 I bow to Shukra, who knows every Shastra. We worship Shukra, who is a master of poets. Who gives whatever we desire.
2 Let My head be protected by Bhargava. Let my forehead be protected by Grahadhipaha. Let my eyes be protected by DaityaGuru (i.e. Guru of Demons). Let my ears be protected by ChandanDhutti.
3 Let my nose be protected by Guru of poets. (i.e. the best poet). Let my mouth be protected by Shukra, who is devoted by demons. Let my tong be protected by Choshana.
Let my throat be protected by ShriKanthaBhaktiman.
4 Let my arms be protected by Tejonidhi. Let my kukshi be protected by Manovraja. Let my naval be protected by Bhrugusuta. Let my middle part of the body be protected by Mahipriya.
5 Let my loins be protected by Vishwatma. Let my breast be protected by Surpoojita. Let my knees be protected by Jadyahara. Private parts of the body be protected by Shukra (i.e. who give blessings to the learned people).
6 Let my ankle be protected by Gunanidhi. Let my feet be protected by Varambara. Let all other parts of my body be protected by Shukra, who has worn garland of gold flowers.
7 This Shukra kavacham by reciting every day with faith in mind, will be free from the troubles by the grace of Shukra.
Thus this Shukra Kavacham as appeared in Brhmanda Purana ends here.
Sukra when not favorable in our horoscope then we may receive troubles by Shukra. When Shukra is in aspect of/or with Mangal, Saturn, Rahu, Ketu or Harshal in the horoscope then Shukra is unable to produce good results and unsatisfied married life, No Santati Soukhya, No success in the life such type of bad results are seen. Hence this Kavacham is to be recited daily three times to be free from such troubles.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner